HOW TO RUN A SUCCESSFUL CAR WASH BUSINESS
How top quality water will ensure customers revisit your car wash business.
Welcome to tip #5 in our series “Running a successful car wash business” where we aim to provide helpful advice to new and existing car wash owners in a bid to assist them in increasing customer patronage, revenue stream and profit margins. Whether you’re starting a car wash business or wanting to expand or upgrade your upgrade your car wash business equipment, we’re here to help.
A successful, high-quality car wash business depends on three key factors:
- the car wash machine(s),
- the chemicals used, and
- the water used.
In this article we will focus on the water used and how this can make or break your car wash facility.
We are always encouraging our clients to recycle water and take measures to protect the environment. Not many customers realise however that there are systems that pre-treat the water which in turn improves the durability of car wash machines, achieves a better quality car wash for customers which, ultimately, keeps them coming back again and again.
To determine the water quality first you’ll need to find out about the source of the water you use. In Australia, this is usually from the water mains system. To assist in water quality testing we offer a water-testing system. Contact us for more information.
Once the tests have been made, the following recommendations may be suggested by your Good Sight car wash installer or service technician:
- How much water do you need at your car wash station? This is necessary to ensure your car wash equipment is sufficient and not under or over-sized.
- If your water is ‘hard’, this can cause lime stains (white stains) on the vehicle surface after the car wash. If this is the case, water softeners can prevent this from happening. and it can be easily prevented with water softeners.
- If your water contains iron above the recommended values then you will need a deferrizing filter in addition to a water softener. It is very important to take iron values into account. It is frequently forgotten. Iron is a metal which builds up in water and pipes causing rust and faulty operation of your car wash equipment.
- If your water contains too many salts then the installation of a demineraliser next to the water softener may be required. Used in water treatment, demineralisers use osmosis membranes that retain most salts present in water, providing higher quality.
- Finally, it is important to disinfect any type of water before using it on machines, particularly when water is stored. This prevents fungi and bacteria from proliferating in water tanks. This potential issue is typically dealt with by disinfectant dosing pumps, which measure and dose disinfectant continuously preventing disinfectant products from being underdosed or overdosed.
Among other factors, a perfect finish depends on the quality of the water used in the final rinse. It’s usually not difficult to rectify any problems your car wash service may have with poor water quality so you offer the best service to your customers. If you’re in doubt, don’t hesitate to contact our service technicians for advice.
Other articles about starting a car wash business and running a successful vehicle wash facility
- Creating a great experience for your car wash customers and building loyalty.
- Do automatic car wash machines damage cars?
- Attracting customers with motorbikes to your car wash business
- Promoting your car wash business and attracting customers
- How top quality water will ensure your customers revisit your car wash business
- Customer service and your car wash business
- Keeping your professional customers happy
- Car wash maintenance and safety recommendations for your rollover car wash machine
- Car wash maintenance : cleaning your jet wash facility
- Do car washes save water? Do they use recycled water?
- How do car washes work? The everyday technology used to run car wash machines.
- Car wash business marketing : promoting your car wash facility
- Car wash business marketing : Building customer loyalty
Are you starting a car wash business or want advice on how to improve your current facility?
If you would like advice and assistance about starting a car wash business, contact the helpful, experienced team at Good Sight. We are Australia’s leading supplier of car wash machines and vehicle wash equipment. We are Australia’s leading car wash suppliers for car wash businesses, fleet owners, automotive dealerships and rental companies. We supply and service all Australian States and Territories.
Article source: Istobal Car Wash Equipment.