Safety tips for running a successful car wash business.
Modern car wash machines have been designed and manufactured to eliminate and avoid all hazards and risks in their daily operation.
It is important for car wash business owners to remember some basic recommendations to ensure maximum safety in the day-to-day work at the car wash facility.
Below are 10 basic points all rollover and automatic car wash machine operators, their staff and customers should adhere to at all times:
Safety advice for automatic and rollover car wash operators:
- You should not go into the wash area while the machine is working.
- Move carefully while in the wash area and mind protruding elements. This way, we will avoid tripping over rails, centering guides, machine feet, positioning platform and other elements on the bay.
- Keeping the bay well-lit will allow us to avoid tripping hazards.
- It is extremely important to perform cleaning and maintenance operations periodically, as well as to check the condition of the bay on a regular basis.
- Proceed with extreme caution in maintenance operations. Bear in mind that the floor on the wash area can be wet or dirty with engine oil, or in some Australian states, ice. A good cleaning practice is essential. It is necessary to use suitable Personal Protection Equipment and wear safety shoes when doing the maintenance.
- We recommend that all maintenance tasks described in the rollover’s user guide you would have been supplied by your Good Sight service agent or car wash installer.
- Important warning: you should not manipulate electrical devices on rollovers such as electrical boxes, cabinets, motors, and junction boxes.
- Contact a Good Sight service technician in the event of a fault.
- Indicating hazardous electrical areas adequately on the rollover will avoid unnecessary risks too.
These are just the first 10 safety recommendations on a rollover car wash machine. For more information we suggest you contact your Good Sight service technician. View our range of automatic and rollover car washes »
Other articles in our series of running a successful car wash business:
- Creating a great experience for your car wash customers and building loyalty.
- Do automatic car wash machines damage cars?
- Attracting customers with motorbikes to your car wash business
- Promoting your car wash business and attracting customers
- How top quality water will ensure your customers revisit your car wash business
- Customer service and your car wash business
- Keeping your professional customers happy
- Car wash maintenance and safety recommendations for your rollover car wash machine
- Car wash maintenance : cleaning your jet wash facility
- Do car washes save water? Do they use recycled water?
- How do car washes work? The everyday technology used to run car wash machines.
- Car wash business marketing : promoting your car wash facility
- Car wash business marketing : Building customer loyalty
Are you starting a car wash business or want advice on how to improve your current facility?
If you would like advice and assistance about starting a car wash business, contact the helpful, experienced team at Good Sight. We are Australia’s leading supplier of car wash machines and vehicle wash equipment. We are Australia’s leading car wash suppliers for car wash businesses, fleet owners, automotive dealerships and rental companies. We supply and service all Australian States and Territories.
Article source: Istobal Car Wash Equipment.