CAR WASH TECHNOLOGY.
Did you know that you use everyday technologies when your car is washed? A remote control, air conditioners, LED bulbs or a router have more in common with car wash machines than you might imagine. The car wash world is very technological. In equipment development, latest technical developments are implemented to make the washing process increasingly efficient and to ensure the highest quality.
Car washes use remote control technology
Let’s take the television remote control as an example. The infra-red photocells that make it work are the same as those that allow us to scan the vehicle profile on a rollover to determine when the wheel wash must come out, or how the dryer nozzle must move over the vehicle to dry it perfectly. We also use sensors that are very similar to those on your vehicle for parking; ultrasonic sensors allow us to avoid impacts on the vehicle.
Car washes use speed camera technology
Another technology that most car users are familiar with is that of speed cameras. Car wash machines use the same laser technology to measure the position of the equipment with respect to the start of the bay. Depending on the time the laser takes to return, the machine determines the distance.
Car washes use air conditioning technology
Modern car wash equipment uses the technology of the quietest air conditioning systems. Car wash manufacturers Istobal have patented their own drying device called Smartflow. By incorporating tangential fans into our drying system, air is moved without making noise.
Car washes uses reverse osmosis too
Do you have a reverse osmosis system to have quality water at home? Every time you wash your car you are giving it a ‘bath’ with demineralised water, avoiding stains and limescale residue on the surface.
Car washes use LED lighting
LED lighting is another technology that you probably have at home. Our light sign screens use it. But we like taking a step further: they can be seen in the sun too!
Car washes use WiFi
And, of course, one technology car wash machines couldn’t do without is WiFi. Through wireless networking, car wash machines can be remotely operated, controlled, and maintained.
Other articles in our series of running a successful car wash business:
- Creating a great experience for your car wash customers and building loyalty.
- Do automatic car wash machines damage cars?
- Attracting customers with motorbikes to your car wash business
- Promoting your car wash business and attracting customers
- How top quality water will ensure your customers revisit your car wash business
- Customer service and your car wash business
- Keeping your professional customers happy
- Car wash maintenance and safety recommendations for your rollover car wash machine
- Car wash maintenance : cleaning your jet wash facility
- Do car washes save water? Do they use recycled water?
- How do car washes work? The everyday technology used to run car wash machines.
- Car wash business marketing : promoting your car wash facility
- Car wash business marketing : Building customer loyalty
Are you starting a car wash business or want advice on how to improve your current facility?
If you would like advice and assistance about starting a car wash business, contact the helpful, experienced team at Good Sight. We are Australia’s leading supplier of car wash machines and vehicle wash equipment. We are Australia’s leading car wash suppliers for car wash businesses, fleet owners, automotive dealerships and rental companies. We supply and service all Australian States and Territories.
Article source: Istobal Car Wash Equipment.