Jet wash cleaning tips for running a successful car wash business.
To ensure your car wash facility is ready for customers you should always keep your jet wash clean, there are several maintenance tasks that should never be overlooked.
The first thing to keep in mind is that, before any repair or maintenance operation on the jet wash or any of its optional extras, the power supply should be switched off on the main switch or the applicable device. You will also have to cut off the water supply and the compressed air.
Remember to always use the required personal protection equipment. Wear safety footwear and a high-visibility reflective vest whenever you are working at the jet wash facility. Always wear chemical safety gloves and splash goggles when refilling chemical products or when using cleaning or maintenance products. Protect yourself and take special care to avoid slipping when the bay is wet. Mark the area with a warning cone to stop access while working… Now, roll up your sleeves!
We always recommend you to use products designed specifically for car wash facility cleaning. A chlorinated cleaner will make your jet wash look brand new. You can use additional chemicals to clean the screens and to remove limescale and, in colder regions, ice from the floor. Contact your Good Sight service agent for more information.
Recommended daily jet wash maintenance tasks :
- clean the car wash bays
- check for leaks in guns, lances and boom arms, as well as inside the jet wash cabinet
- check the oil level in the high-pressure pumps and the condition of the chemicals, and fill up the tanks if necessary
- make sure the dosing pumps and the hot-water generator work properly.
All our recommendations and maintenance checks are available in the user guides that come with our equipment, so keep them handy for reference or contact our service agents if you have any questions.
After cleaning your jet wash
Dispose of all chemical product containers in the correct manner. Reusing these is forbidden. Likewise, all maintenance and repair waste at the jet wash must be treated as hazardous, which means they should be handled by a certified company. At Good Sight we are as concerned with protecting the environment as much as with your jet wash profitability by keeping it always in perfect condition.
Other articles in our series of running a successful car wash business:
- Creating a great experience for your car wash customers and building loyalty.
- Do automatic car wash machines damage cars?
- Attracting customers with motorbikes to your car wash business
- Promoting your car wash business and attracting customers
- How top quality water will ensure your customers revisit your car wash business
- Customer service and your car wash business
- Keeping your professional customers happy
- Car wash maintenance and safety recommendations for your rollover car wash machine
- Car wash maintenance : cleaning your jet wash facility
- Do car washes save water? Do they use recycled water?
- How do car washes work? The everyday technology used to run car wash machines.
- Car wash business marketing : promoting your car wash facility
- Car wash business marketing : Building customer loyalty
Are you starting a car wash business or want advice on how to improve your current facility?
If you would like advice and assistance about starting a car wash business, contact the helpful, experienced team at Good Sight. We are Australia’s leading supplier of car wash machines and vehicle wash equipment. We are Australia’s leading car wash suppliers for car wash businesses, fleet owners, automotive dealerships and rental companies. We supply and service all Australian States and Territories.
Article source: Istobal Car Wash Equipment.