Car wash equipment comparison.
A soft wash or touchless car wash machine?
The choice is yours or, better still, your customers’
Most of your customers are no doubt leading hectic lives. Between balancing work and personal responsibilities, they are battling traffic and, as a result, the cleanliness of our cars is compromised.
While the majority of car owners would love to pamper their rides with a nice, long hand washing and thorough personal detailing, they simply do not have the extra time to spare instead opting for the convenience and value of an automatic car wash to keep their automotive investments looking good. Additionally, hand washing services can be pricey.
Luckily, there are a plethora of automated car washes dotted throughout most suburbs. Consumers needn’t drive very far in order to find a place where they can quickly and conveniently get their car washed – and at an affordable price.
Their only dilemma, particularly car owners who have a personal attachment to their vehicle, may be whether they prefer their car washed by a soft-touch machine or touch-free car wash system.
What’s the difference between soft wash and touch free car wash systems?
Automatic car wash equipment have become a mainstay in everyday life in Australia. There is a car wash facility in just about every major suburb or town across the country.
Soft wash (soft touch) car washes
Soap is a cleaner but, equally as important, are its lubricating qualities. These lubricating qualities of the soap ensure not just cleaning, but eliminate the possibilities of damage.
Soft-touch car washing entails the use of lightweight closed-cell foam and supple felt cloth filled with soap and water to clean vehicles. The system’s gentle materials glide across the vehicle, spreading the soap and water solution over its surface. Contaminants are loosened and lifted away with the help of computer-controlled pressure and RPM settings.
A continuous deluge of soap and water saturating the closed-cell foam and felt cloth ensures that surface debris is removed from the vehicle and is not transferred to the next vehicle in line. When the application of soap is completed, a low-pressure rinse using clean water removes the suds from the vehicle’s surface. A drying aid is typically applied, and the vehicle makes its way through a forced air dryer to finish the process.
The advantages of soft wash (soft-touch) car wash equipment
- The soft cloth makes physical contact with the vehicle, often providing a more thorough elimination of dirt and debris.
- Crevices and other hard-to-reach spots that are often overlooked and missed by touch-free washes are more likely to be reached.
- Haziness that can oftentimes be left behind by dust and pollen is more likely to be fully eradicated by a soft-touch wash.
The disadvantages of soft wash (soft-touch) car wash equipment
- Cloth strips can often be applied too forcefully, resulting in damage to a vehicle’s mirrors, moulding, antenna or other loose parts.
- If a vehicle is not properly emulsified before the cloth strips make contact with the paint, scratches may result from dirt and debris being ground into the vehicle’s surface.
- Soft-touch washes require diligent maintenance in order to keep cloth strips performing at an effective level. If the cloth is not maintained properly it will not provide a thorough cleaning and may even damage a vehicle’s surface.
Touch-free (touchless) car washes
Touchless (touch-free) car washes are totally automated, just like their soft-touch counterparts however, touch-free operations do not utilise any type of foam or cloth applicators during the cleaning process.
Vehicles are treated to their own personal showers courtesy of high-pressure washers. Sensors aid the car washes ability to follow the car’s contour and effectively cleanse every inch of it.
As technology continues to improve, the sensors used in touch-free or touchless car washes become more precise in their capabilities.
The advantages of touchless (touch-free) car wash equipment
- Vehicles are not physically touched by anything other than cleaning agents and water, reducing the risk of any part of the vehicle being damaged during the cleaning process.
- Pinpoint technology means minimal water waste and fewer negative environmental impacts during the cleaning process.
The disadvantages of touchless (touch-free) car wash equipment
- Tougher dirt, grease and other organic and inorganic contaminants may not be thoroughly removed.
- Cracks, crevices and other hard-to-reach areas may not be reached adequately.
- Computerised systems must be maintained in order to keep equipment running efficiently as well as accurately.
- The use of harsher chemicals to enhance cleaning may also lead to damages to some paint finishes.
Advances in technology have led to our ability to maintain clean vehicles without having to spend countless hours meticulously hand washing them. The availability of automated (rollover) car washes continues to expand, and more and more drivers rely on these operations to maintain the cleanliness of their vehicles.
Both soft-touch and touch-free car washes provide their own different sets of pros and cons. In order to maximise the pros and minimise the cons of each type, only the best, most state-of-the-art technology must be used to outfit a carwash.
While the car wash facility operator’s choice between soft-touch and touch-free methods may remain open for interpretation, the choice to utilise equipment from a trusted company is a no-brainer for those looking to achieve success within the industry.
Good luck and, should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team. We’re here to help and work with you to make your car wash facility a success.
Get in Touch
Good Sight Car Wash Equipment Australia
We can assist in all aspects of the growth and success of your car wash facility, automotive dealership or car rental business including site assessment, car wash design, machine installation, service and repairs, and, importantly, ongoing support to ensure the success and growth of your facility.
We are Australia’s leading suppliers of car wash equipment. We have been offering Australia-wide sales & service since 1968 and were the first suppliers of automatic car wash systems in the country. Since, we have always been able to pride ourselves as offering a highly professional level of service and support to our clients.
Our compehensive range of car wash machines include:
- automatic (rollover) machines
- touchless car wash machines
- conveyors and tunnels
- self serve machines
- heavy vehicle car wash equipment
- car wash enclosures
- car wash design
- car wash equipment and accessories
Additionally, we offer a full range of vehicle wash services including car wash installation, upgrades and maintenance for car wash businesses, petroleum retailers, automotive dealerships, fleet and rental car businesses.