Things to consider before investing in a car wash business
There’s so many factors to consider when investing in a car wash business. The quiz below should help you ascertain whether it’s right for you.
As an investor you:
- Expect to have little personal involvement.
- Plan to be a hands-on operator, ready to spend long hours cultivating your business.
- Will hire the people you need to get the job done.
The answer is 2. Once your business is up and running, you can delegate tasks to your growing team to help capitalize on your strengths and weaknesses, but be prepared to get your hands dirty during the start-up phase.
A successful carwash requires:
- An investment in a solid system and a good relationship with the car wash supplier.
- Good marketing and management skills, and an understanding of business principles.
- All of the above.
The answer is 3. Good equipment is important, as a strong, durable system ensures maximum efficiency and minimum downtime. But it’s more than ‘if you build it, they will come.’ Strong business sense, marketing skills and a good understanding of management will place you on the road to success. Worried you don’t have what it takes? Don’t be! You’ll learn a lot of lessons along the way.
Once the carwash is up and running you:
- Will be dealing with a variety of people, from suppliers to employees, accountants, customers and support personnel.
- Can sit back and watch the money roll in.
- Don’t have to do anything for at least five years. After all, you’ve invested in good equipment. The investment speaks for itself.
The answer is 1. Good equipment is a great investment that will ensure longevity, but once the carwash is up and running, the work has just begun. Many people will be involved in some aspect of your business, and now’s the time to cement and build relationships.
The potential return on a carwash investment is:
- Horrible. Why invest in such expensive equipment for little to no return?
- Ok. It’s not a money maker, but it’s a nice way to earn a modest living.
- Promising. Depending on the type of car wash you choose, it can add great value, especially if you’re pairing it with another service like a gas bar.
The answer is 3. The average annual car wash revenue for a single in bay automatic is $139,000, and with options to add and expand, the potential is limitless.
We are Australia’s leading suppliers of car wash equipment & supplies
Good Sight are Australia’s leading suppliers of car wash equipment including automatic (rollover) machines, touchless, conveyor and drive through systems. We can work with you in every stage of starting or improving your car wash business from design to completion and then servicing and maintenance.
We have been offering Australia-wide sales & service since 1968 and were the first suppliers of automatic car wash systems in the country. Since then we have always been able to pride ourselves as offering a highly professional level of service and support to our clients.
We offer a full range of vehicle wash services including car wash installation, upgrades and maintenance for car wash businesses, petroleum retailers, automotive dealerships, fleet and rental car businesses. We can also assist with a range of car wash accessories including coin operated vacuums, vending machines and dog washes.