Car wash equipment responsible water use.
World Water Day is 22nd March. With the slogan ‘Wastewater, Why waste water?’, the campaign raises awareness about the importance of protecting this scarce but essential resource for economic, social and environmental development. For the team at Good Sight, water is one of the basic elements of our work therefore responsible use on our car washing equipment and developing water treatment systems are factors that are always present in our car wash and car care solutions.
Water consumption on Istobal rollovers and automatic car wash machines has been reduced by 40% in all machine ranges. The Istobal jet wash has reduced water use by 33% using a medium manual program thanks to new frequency-converter technology and the Smartpulse device. This device – which starts and stops water pumps automatically – manages the operation of both the high-pressure pumps and the chemical dosing pumps with a simple system consisting of pressure switches that prevent the pump from running while the client is not washing the vehicle.
But having the possibility of reusing water is just as important as relying on water-saving car washing equipment. Istobal recylces up to 85% of the water used in each service.
To the team at Good Sight, water is a working tool, and as such it should be considered critical to the future of our business. We hope this piece about water will encourage you to use this precious resource adequately at your car wash facility.
How car washes save and recycle water
According to world leading car wash manufacturers, Istobal, rollover car washes save almost 2 million litres of water per year thanks to inbuilt water recycling systems.
With a commitment to the environment and the initiatives of World Water Day (March 22), Istobal are car wash pioneer when it comes to the development of sustainable solutions aimed at reducing the use of water and energy and minimising environmental impacts.
Istobal’s environmentally friendly car wash technologies include recycling systems that allow rollovers to save an average of 128 litres of water every full service. If the water was not recycled and reused it would be equivalent to running a tap for 106 days!
The physical and biological recyclers in Istobal machines re-use up to 80% of the water used in each service in the following wash program. This prevents contamination of the water coming out at the end of the process.
Which uses less water : rollover car washes, jet washes or washing your car at home?
- Washing your car at home with a hose requires approximately 500 litres of water *
- High pressure jet washes systems use approximately 40 – 60 litres of water for a full program
- Rollovers car washes use approximately 160 litres of water on average for the full service and 80% of that water is reused thanks to the recycling system.
* Source Istobal and ECODES (Spanish Foundation for Development and the Environment)
Other articles in our series of running a successful car wash business:
- Creating a great experience for your car wash customers and building loyalty.
- Do automatic car wash machines damage cars?
- Attracting customers with motorbikes to your car wash business
- Promoting your car wash business and attracting customers
- How top quality water will ensure your customers revisit your car wash business
- Customer service and your car wash business
- Keeping your professional customers happy
- Car wash maintenance and safety recommendations for your rollover car wash machine
- Car wash maintenance : cleaning your jet wash facility
- Do car washes save water? Do they use recycled water?
- How do car washes work? The everyday technology used to run car wash machines.
- Car wash business marketing : promoting your car wash facility
- Car wash business marketing : Building customer loyalty
Are you starting a car wash business or want advice on how to improve your current facility?
If you would like advice and assistance about starting a car wash business, contact the helpful, experienced team at Good Sight. We are Australia’s leading supplier of car wash machines and vehicle wash equipment. We are Australia’s leading car wash suppliers for car wash businesses, fleet owners, automotive dealerships and rental companies. We supply and service all Australian States and Territories.
Article source: Istobal Car Wash Equipment.